Snaptain S5C Short Review
If you are looking for a beginner-friendly drone that also comes with some advanced features, the Snaptain S5C might be the drone you are looking for. The drone looks awesome with its futuristic design and LED lights, it has an HD camera with FPV, and it has a gravity sensor mode that will allow you to control the drone the hand motion. It is also compatible with VR headsets that will give you a more immersive flying experience; the drone has a flight time of around 10 minutes and is one of the best drones for beginners.
Currently, the drone is out of stock and has been for some time; for alternative options, check out my list of the best drones for beginners.
- 720p Camera
- FPV Capability
- Gesture Control Mode
- Voice control
- Gravity sensor control
- 10 Minutes Flight Time
- 80m control range
Hi, this is an updated review of the Snaptain S5C drone, it seems like a lot of the drones from Snaptain are no longer being sold (they are always out of stock and have been for a while now). It’s a very good drone, especially for beginners, but since it is out of stock and not likely to be on sale again, check out this article for alternatives.
This is definitely one of the coolest-looking drones I have come across, it is perfect for beginners and kids and is fun to fly. It’s one of the best drones under $100 and comes with some advanced features.
Snaptain S5C Review
The first thing you will notice with this drone is its cool design, it has a very futuristic look with its all-black colour scheme with cool LED lights, it’s a drone you will enjoy showing off to your friends.
It’s made of lightweight plastic although you cannot really tell at first glance, it weighs less than 150g and this makes it great to travel around with. However, being so lightweight, it is not advisable to fly this drone in windy conditions, you will most likely crash it or even worse lose it. As it weighs less than 250g, you will not need to register the drone with the FAA( if you live in the USA), however, recent changes in the UK regarding drone flight will require you to register this drone.
If you live anywhere else, please check what the rules and regulations are and comply with them.
Back to the design of the Snaptain S5C , it comes with propeller guards for safer flying, these protective guards act as anti-collision barriers that ensure the drone is not damaged if you crash into stuff (which you will if you are a beginner).
The remote control is probably the only aspect of the drone that is a little disappointing, it looks very generic and actually looks like a video games controller. However, it is ergonomic, and all the controls are easy to reach plus, it has a smartphone holder so that you can live stream video footage straight into your phone. This drone comes with some simple functions to keep things fun and fast. It comes with a one-button click for take-off, landing, and return this is another aspect of the safety measures in place so that there is a minimal chance that you lose your drone.
The Snaptain S5C drone comes with its own app that is compatible with both iOS and Android, through the app, you can access some of the more advanced features of this drone-like voice and gesture control, FPV, and intelligent flight mode.
Snaptain S5C Review – Camera
One of the best features of this drone is its 720p HD camera with FPV. This is one of the best beginner-friendly drones that come with a quality camera that allows you to stream live video feed straight to your smartphone. From there, you can edit your images and video and upload them directly onto your social media accounts and share them with family and friends.
Voice and Gesture Control
The Snaptian S5C comes with voice and gesture control technology, these two features alone are worth the price and remember, this drone comes in under $100. To use voice control, you will need to use the app; it’s one of the coolest features of this drone and one that will impress your friends. The gesture control feature will allow you to take quick pictures with the camera through the simple gesture of your hand. You will have to stay within 2-3 meters of the drone for this to work.
This is one of the most important features, especially for newbies, the Snaptain S5C comes with a 6-axis gyroscope that gives it the altitude hold feature, which will keep the drone steady when hovering. This feature makes it easier to control and makes picture quality far better. It also helps you to take better-quality videos which is one of the best functions of this drone.
- Gravity Sensor- The Snaptain S5C app has a built-in gravity sensor, which will allow you to control the drone by moving your smartphone around in certain angles.
- Wi-Fi warning system – warns the user of potential connection and location loss in areas where signals are weaker. Once this sensor drops to one bar out of a total of four, it is recommended to call back the drone before you lose it.
- Headless mode – A feature that makes it easier to fly as you will not have to differentiate between a drone’s head and tail. This is a great feature, especially for beginners.
- VR Headsets – The Snaptain S5C is also compatible with 3D virtual reality headsets to give an even better and more immersive flying experience. Check with manufacturer guidelines to see what kind of VR headsets are compatible with the Snaptain S5C drone.
- Flight Time – With a flight time of about fifteen minutes, it is on the upper side of what is capable for a drone in its price range, yes, it would be better if the flight time was even longer, but when compared to its competitors, it’s pretty good. However, as I say with all my drone reviews, you should always buy extra batteries and have them charged before going out to fly because 15 minutes will never be enough to enjoy this drone.
- Intelligent Flight Mode – It comes with one intelligent flight mode, which is kind of incredible for a drone that costs less than $100. It comes with a flight mode called Trajectory, which will allow you to draw a flight path on your smartphone, and the drone will automatically fly through that path.
There are some fantastic beginner-friendly drones on the market, I have reviewed many of them on this site, and there are many good ones at affordable prices, and the Snaptain S5C is one of them. I really am amazed by many of the features this drone comes with, especially the voice and gesture controls; you will have a lot of fun playing around with those features. The camera quality is good, considering how much the drone costs, however, the transmission distance for FPV isn’t great, so keep that in mind when you want to stream live video footage. All in all, this is a fantastic beginner-friendly drone that will make a cool gift for any occasion, and people of all ages will certainly have fun flying it.
Just another reminder, this drone is currently out of stock, I don’t know when or if they will ever restock this item, however, there are some fantastic alternatives, click on the button below to check them out.